While shopping for baby essential needs, a baby walker is often on top of the list. Baby walkers provide safety, training and entertainment for babies that are trying to take their first steps.
Best baby walkers help build confidence and encourage babies to go further and further each time they stand up and lessen the likelihood of babies falling and injuring themselves. Walkers also give parents peace of mind as they witness their babies take that transition from crawling to walking.
A baby walker is suitable for those children who are still learning how to walk. It gives them the support needed to take their first step with ease. With a good quality walker, parents do not have to worry about keeping their toddler busy; rather the baby can have a good time on his own.
Another primary benefit of a baby walker is that it enables kids to be mobile, thereby improving their physical fitness. Moreover, since a majority of these walkers come with toys and musical devices, they tend to keep babies entertained.
Thus, as a mother, I have found baby walkers to be an important resource during the learning and development phase of my toddler.
Comparison of 9 Best Baby Walker in 2020
|Image||Brand||Type||Age range||Weight||Weight (Min/Max)||Latest Price|
|Ferrari F1 Baby Walker in Red||Seated walker||Six months to two years||13.85 lbs.||15.17 lbs. / 25 lbs.||Check Price|
|Sounds ‘n Lights Discovery||Seated walker||At least six months old||11 lbs.||19.84 lbs. / 30.9 lbs.||Check Price|
|VTech Sit to Stand Baby Push||Sit to stand walker||Nine to 36 months||6 lbs.||7.2 lbs. / 25 lbs.||Check Price|
|All-in-One Mobile Entertainer||Seated walker||Zero to 12 months, 12 to 24 months||19.2 lbs.||22.2 lbs. / 30 lbs.||Check Price|
|Dream on Me Shuffle Musical||Seated walker||Six to 12 months||14 lbs.||18.84 lbs. / 30 lbs.||Check Price|
|Baby Einstein Baby Neptune||Seated walker||At least six months old||12.2 lbs.||16 lbs. / 25 lbs.||Check Price|
|Disney Baby Music and Lights||Seated walker||At least four months old||11.78 lbs.||19.5 lbs. / 30 lbs.||Check Price|
|Baby Trend Activity||Seated walker||Zero to 12 months||8 lbs.||12.26 lbs. / 25 lbs.||Check Price|
|Chicco Lil Piano Splash||Seated walker||Zero to 12 months, 12 to 24 months||10 lbs.||6 lbs. / 26.5 lbs.||Check Price|
Top 9 Best Baby Walker Reviews in 2020
1. Ferrari F1 Baby Walker in Red
The walker is designed keeping in mind the cool and fancy look and feel of a real sports race car.
In addition, the walker features other car related themes and sounds for the baby’s enjoyment. The F1 baby walker includes three settings for height adjustments along with a snack tray and a seat that can be easily cleaned.
2. Sounds ‘n Lights Discovery Walker
It is known as one of the best walkers available for babies. The Discovery Walker is everything a parent wants for their babies – not only because it is easier on their pocketbooks, but offers a great set of features.
Therefore, while your toddler practices to walk and move around using this baby walker, they will be entertained at all times.
The Discovery Walker by Safety 1st features a detachable activity center which follows a dinosaur theme along with a spacious tray area. The walker can be adjusted in terms of fold and heights to three levels.
3. VTech Sit to Stand Baby Push Walker
Parents, who want the best push walker available for babies, do not look further than this sit to stand baby walker by VTech. It is the best product available on the market in terms of features and convenience.
The VTech Baby Push Walker features a detachable activity panel which allows the baby to either play with it on the walker or on the floor. The activity panel features multiple activities that are interactive along with entertaining toys.
It has two spinning rollers, five piano keys with different musical notes, three shape sorters, a telephone, and three lighting buttons.
It is a great walker to help with the early forms of language of your baby as they will listen to a wide variety of phrases, sounds, and music on a daily basis.
4. Combi All-in-One Mobile Entertainer
For parents who are car enthusiasts and want their child to be one as well, this walker fits your needs. This product offers multiple options to parents! The Mobile Entertainer can also be used as a baby jumper if locked into a certain position.
This walker comes with an activity center that looks like a steering wheel along with three options for adjustable height. The activity center features removable rear and hood views and multiple sound and music options including a horn.
5. Shuffle Musical Walker
While this walker is priced a little steeper, it is slightly bigger, offers more vibrant color choices and has a large detachable activity tray.
You can also adjust the height with its 3 builtin height adjustment features.
6. Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Walker
The Baby Einstein walker is again another milestone by the company featuring a glossy color theme and innovative designs that makes it different from other walkers.
The walker can be adjusted to three height options. Further, it has an activity center, steering wheel, music, and loops.
7. Disney Baby Music and Lights Walker, Branchin’ Out
Once your baby is done playing with the two toy trays, you can easily reveal the snack track. The height can be adjusted to three settings and the pink color is bound to steal the heart of your little girl.
8. Baby Trend Activity Walker
The walker comes with a safari theme and comes with a toy bar, large tray and 3 adjustable height settings.
9. Chicco Lil Piano Splash Walker
The primary feature that attracts parents is the piano tray that includes lights, rattles, buttons, drums and sounds.
Alongside, it also comes with a 3-height adjustment setting, cute pattern and snack area.
Advantages of a walker
There are different studies and reports on the benefits of infant activity centers and toys during the early phases.
However, no conclusive study has surfaced that discusses the advantages of walkers, baby swings or jumpers in depth.
As a mother, we mostly work on intuition and make judgments that contribute to our toddler’s development and our ease and comfort.
- Entertainment: The primary reason why parents invest in this baby product is because of the entertainment value it offers to their babies. A walker is an all in one activity center featuring wheels, snack trays or toys to keep the baby busy.
- Initial Walking Support: A baby walker helps in maintaining balance because the baby has to learn how it can use the walker to stand and move properly. This essentially helps in strengthening the leg muscles improving the toddler’s sensory motor skills.
- The Little Explorer: Akin to the time you first get your driver’s license, and the freedom that comes with it, a baby walker is also your child’s experience with freedom. They are able to move around freely exploring new areas. Make sure your toddler is never left on his own and is under constant parental supervision.
Safety Concerns of Walkers
It is important to note that there are safety concerns associated with baby walkers. You should always make sure your baby can’t wonder into an unsafe area of your home such as: swimming pools, poisonous cleaning materials, staircases or fireplaces. With new mobility for your baby comes new dangers, so please ensure your baby cannot get to these areas.
Different Types of Walkers
The two types of walkers that are available on the market are – Sit to Stand Walkers and Seated Walkers – each having a distinct set of benefits. The different types of walkers are explained as follows:
1. Sit to Stand Walkers
- These walkers are often referred to as a 2 in 1 walker. The toddler can either stand and hold the walker while walking or play with the toys while being seated.
- These walkers are often reasonably priced verses their counterparts.
- Many parents prefer these walkers over seated ones as they encourage the baby to walk, but also move from a seated to standing position.
- Such walkers are not suitable for extremely young babies as they require more strength and stability. However, they can be used as a toy while the baby is seated or while playing giving more stability to the baby.
- These walkers are portable, easy to store and carry.
2. Seated Walkers
- In a seated walker, babies can either stand or sit.
- These walkers give the baby more stability making them a viable choice for those toddlers who cannot stand on their own.
- Such walkers are ideal for sit and play time and come with a variety of stimulators and toys.
- Seated walkers are comparatively heavier verses sit to stand walkers. This makes them difficult to carry. However, by investing in a foldable seated walker, you can eliminate this problem.
- Seated walkers have a preinstalled snack table so the toddler can have their meal while playing.
A baby walker is one of the baby essentials that not only offers optimum support to your child assisting them in taking their few steps, but also keeps the baby entertained. With so many choices, it can be overwhelming for new mothers to make a wise choice. With this article, I hope to make it a little easier for you to get the best walker for your little one.